At Chewton Rose we believe in offering you a truly professional service, and that means using professional photographers to capture the unique attributes that make your home so saleable.
When it comes to portraying the individual character of a property and its grounds, it is important to capture and then select the very best images. That is why we choose to work with a select group of photographers who have a wealth of experience, skill and enthusiasm for their work. From aerial shots through to night-time imagery, they will capture the beauty of your home.
To assist you in preparing for the photographer’s visit we have outlined a number of areas you might like to consider:
- Your front door should look clean and smart (consider a fresh lick of paint) and if you have any colourful pots and baskets use these foremost at the main entrance door and secondly on your terrace
- Ensure cars are removed from the driveway
- Remove washing lines, rubbish bins and rollup hose pipes
- Try to have the lawns mowed and the hedges wellpresented
- If possible put out your patio table, umbrella andchairs
- Please ensure all light fittings are working as our photographers often use a home’s lighting to add warmth to their images
- Try to declutter your home as much as possible, this will enhance the perception of space
- It should be clean and tidy throughout, as if you were expecting your first viewer
- Clear coats,boots and shoes from the hallways
- Store children’s toys or hide them from view, similarly with pet’s items
- Clear and clean kitchen work surfaces
- Clear bathrooms of cleaning products and personal items
- Present candles and luxury toiletries where possible
- In bedrooms tidy away personal itemse.g. dressing gowns, clothes,shoes
- An unusual space can make interesting photographs, so where appropriate prepare cellars and attics, for example, in a similar way
- Close all windows and French doors
- Flowers and fresh fruit always enhance a room
- Consider lighting fires, particularly in autumn and winter
- Set the dining table to create a warm and welcoming ambience
- The inclusion of pets and people can bring an image to life. This is something you may like to consider and discuss further with the photographer
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the photography of your property, do speak to your agent who will be more than happy to help you.